Re: Severe chest/shoulder acne, Advice on persuading doc to refer me to a derm!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Acne Sufferer's Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Help? on March 09, 2003 at 23:46:09:

In Reply to: Re: Severe chest/shoulder acne, Advice on persuading doc to refer me to a derm!!! posted by Me on March 07, 2003 at 14:41:25:

So you've tried everything to no avail. No surpise, as that seems to be the case for everyone who has severe acne, on any part of their body. Sure, accutane might be the solution, but that's no walk in the park, it can have very serious, permanent side effects. What about your diet? I'm interested in that. Dermatologists will claim it has no affect. I, and many I know, have discovered just the opposite: it has ALL the affect. I'm of the mind-set that acne is an end organ response, which means the body is contaminated to the level that the skin must help relieve toxins (acne flare-up), many times in bodies that are naturally more sensitive to pollutants. Treatments like antibiotics and creams only pour enough water on the fire to keep it from spreading too much. Accutane is weird, it's like keeping the fire from smoking or being seen, but not truly extinguishing it: the fire will just find a new way to express itself. The fire is the unhealthy body. If you can stand the poor analogy, I'm just trying to give you more options. : : PLEASE HELP!!!! Im going nuts!!!!!!

: I did, I told him I'd had it for about 11 years was totally sick of it, nothing had worked that he had given me and that it was really effecting my self esteem when it came to meeting girls (I already had a girlfriend) etc

: Tell him all the crap in the world you can think of - if it doesnt work, then get another gp.

: You have every right to goto a Dermatologist.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Acne Sufferer's Forum ] [ FAQ ]