Re: Severe chest/shoulder acne, Advice on persuading doc to refer me to a derm!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Acne Sufferer's Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Me on March 14, 2003 at 11:52:39:

In Reply to: Re: Severe chest/shoulder acne, Advice on persuading doc to refer me to a derm!!! posted by Help? on March 09, 2003 at 23:46:09:

Correct - I tried everything

I myself ate the most perfect diet any human could possibly imagine eating :-p and I did it for 2-3 years, this cleared up my skin for a little time (primarily because the levels of saturated and un-healthy omega fats were pretty much non-existant along with the lack of free radicals created by red meats and other high animal protein based amino foods) but acne came back very slowly, not remotely as bad as before however, its like you said, acne always finds another fuel to spread its havoc on your skin.

During this time, I gave up:

Caffene, alcohol, sweets, chips, pizza, fast food, high fat food, dairy, butter, margerine, white bread, certain rice/pasta/spaghetti, ready made meals, read meat, chocolate, no cooking oils, crisps, nuts blah blah blah

All I ate was:

Fish, tuna, multi grain bread, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, skinless chicken, lean turkey, Vitamin B5, veggies veggies veggies, fresh stir frys (fresh veg, fresh everything, totally cooked from scratch), new potatoes, salads, etc

I also drank 8 litres of water a day, to flush my kidneys, theoretically keeping my body clean and hydrated inside. Fats came from good healthy omega fats. Flax seed oil, supposebly healthy fat, gave me seriously bad acne side effects.

I think I have done this long enough to say that I tried the diet route for myself.

I noticed that during the aforementioned diet, if I had a bad meal, I got an even worse response than before I started it, why? Because the body adapts to the kind of food it has to break down and process, and where there is a lack of high fat then the body will not require the resources to process it and de-toxify itself thus the shock factor when it suddenly needs to.

So, Ive tried pretty much everything, accutane was my choice I was willing to try.

If it doesnt work, then I'll be back to a healthy clean diet 24/7 again. I will never have a second course of Accutane, nor will I have an extended period of it. Its too dangerous.

The diet works, there is no doubt about that, but you have to be VERY VERY strict, what you put into your diet comes out in your skin, simple as that.

This is very very true, you can pretty much clear up your skin with this.

Give it a try.

Its a whole lot easier if you throw in an incentive, I myself joined a gym and started weight lifting, I threw in a top quality healthy diet with lots of lean protein meats and reasonably high carbs using brown rice and potatoes and oatmeal, all good healthy sources, my skin cleared up and I built myself up a nice toned body.

Oatmeal, Oatmeal, this is the best carbohydrate out there and its full of cholestrol defying fats. 100g = 18g of Fat, high yes, healthy though, it never gave me any problem with my skin and I used to eat 400g for breakfast.

Never, ever, under estimate the power of oatmeal. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Acne Sufferer's Forum ] [ FAQ ]